Saturday, August 15, 2015

Hello!

Welcome to my new blog and to my stitching cottage :D
This little cottage was originally built, out the back door and across our driveway,  about 75 years ago as a chicken coop...yes! a chicken coop!
But while raising 2 boys and with all their "toys" Mama needed a place to sew.
My very smart and talented husband came up with the brilliant idea of transforming our little coop into a wonderful little sewing cottage!




My life has always been very full with some sort of stitching. I started out sewing flannel leopard print pajamas when I was 10 years old and the rest is history. After many years of being a seamstress and cross-stitcher, I bloomed into a quilt-maker, knitter and wool spinner (I have loved spinning wheels ever since I was a little girl). I still "dabble in" cross-stitching, although I must admit that linen count is getting a little rough on the eyes.

Here is my latest accomplishment in the quilting realm.



This is a table runner designed by Kim Diehl, that I hand appliqued, machine pieced and quilted.


One of my favorites types of quilt making is hand applique, I really just love it, the entire process of it and try to do as much as my fingers allow.
I'm looking forward to sharing some more of my stitching adventures with you in the near future and I am also very much looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what you are stitching! :D

Yours in Stitches,
Tammy


6 comments:

  1. Love your new blog and your sewing room. Looks so cozy! The tablerunner is great too! Looking forward to more blogging - your pictures are always great and so are the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Tammy. Your sewing cottage is lovely. What type of sewing machines do you have, and is that a long arm frame I see? I just signed up to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie :)
      Well I have a few sewing machines, the ones you see in the pic is an old Kenmore that I learned to sew on when I was 10 (yes the leopard print jammies got sewn on that one) The other is a Janome Jem that is great for some lightweight sewing and very portable.(that one was my mothers) The frame is for machine quilting and is not quite a long arm but behaves like one.... it's an older wooden Grace Frame Pro with a Juki machine on it, perfect for my machine quilting needs :) But the main machines I use to piece are my Singer Featherweight, Bernina Virtuosa 153 and Janome Jem Platinum.

      Delete
    2. Interesting history attached to machines in your photos and which one made your jammies. How old is your Featherweight? When I went to local quilt guilds a lot of ladies brought theirs to use for show/tell, looked so portable and light to carry. I recently unpacked my stored away for a decade 1968 Singer #620, hoping to oil her up soon. My newer machine is an Elna.

      Delete
  3. Just noticed that you have a new blog Tammy....Good Luck

    I love your little cottage it looks so peaceful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your comments are encouraged and always welcome :)